Be the first to know about our job openings.
We don't work without you
Environmental Health and Safety SpecialistReq # 4281213006 Department Safety Administration Address Greenville, South Carolina, United States Date posted 09/18/2023 Apply Now
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better.
Fundada en 1985, ATS es una empresa con presencia en los Estados Unidos, México y el Reino Unido. Somos profesionales en mantenimiento industrial y hacemos que las fábricas funcionen mejor.
· Acts as the safety technical resource for Site Managers and Site Safety Coordinators. Escalates issues that cannot be resolved to the appropriate contact on the EHS team.
· Conducts site audits to ensure site compliance with the organization’s safety programs.
· Assist site leadership with Incident Investigations. Ensure documentation is completed as expected.
· Monitors Site Safety Self-Assessments and conducts site audits to ensure site compliance with the organization’s safety programs.
· Monitors reports of hazardous conditions, unsafe acts, and near hits and makes adjustments to improve the safety of the work environment.
· Monitors Safety Dashboard and provide coaching to site leadership to improve performance.
· Assist sites in developing annual Safety Training Plan and monitor compliance.
· Develops and implements safety and environmental programs as assigned by EHS Managers or EHS Director.
· Develops and delivers safety training and ensures proper documentation and records of completed training
· Communicates with customer safety contacts to ensure alignment and to address any compliance issues
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs), & Competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety or 2 years’ experience in a related field
· Previous experience working with safety programs in a manufacturing environment preferred
· Proficient in OSHA and EPA regulations
· Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to think critically and problem solve
· Customer Focus
· Personal Discipline
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
ATS se compromete a brindar igualdad de oportunidades de empleo en todos los aspectos del empleo a todos los solicitantes y empleados, independientemente de su edad, color, raza, religión, sexo (incluido el embarazo, identidad de género y orientación sexual), origen nacional, discapacidad, estatus de veterano, información genética u otro estatus legalmente protegido. Revisión de la política de privacidad aquí here.