Be the first to know about our job openings.
We don't work without you
Test Technician II - Friction Material (Day Shift)Req # 4236798006 Department Test Technician Address Mossville, Illinois, United States Date posted 05/22/2023 Apply Now
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better.
Fundada en 1985, ATS es una empresa con presencia en los Estados Unidos, México y el Reino Unido. Somos profesionales en mantenimiento industrial y hacemos que las fábricas funcionen mejor.
· Coordinates and participates in installing unit or system to be tested in test fixtures, connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments.
· Participates in installations and hardware changes.
· Sets up the tested product to the proper operating conditions, collects corresponding data and tears down equipment.
· Confers with engineering personnel to resolve fabrication problems relating to specifications and to review test plans, such as types and cycles of tests, conditions under which tests are to be conducted, and duration of tests.
· May recommend changes in test methods or equipment for engineering review.
· Examines parts for conformance, using precision measuring instruments; recommends replacement of defective parts where needed.
· Activates controls to apply electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power and subject test item to successive steps in test cycle.
· Monitors controls and instruments, records test data and collaborates with engineers regarding data analysis and conclusions.
· Utilizes an intermediate understanding of controls and instrumentation.
· Under minimal supervision, provides data analysis to ensure quality and uncover trends.
· Collaborates with engineers regarding data analysis and conclusions.
· May prepare specifications for fabrication, assembly, and installation of apparatus and control instrumentation used to test mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, hydromechanical, or structural products.
· May fabricate precision parts for test apparatus, using metalworking machines such as lathes, milling machines, and welding equipment, or interprets specifications for workers fabricating parts.
· Drives and participates in Continuous Improvement activities--processes, results and cost savings.
· Regularly provides mentoring to lower level technicians.
· Completes on-the-job and technical self-study programs for career development.
· Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines; situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
· Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors Required:
· Intermediate knowledge of internal combustion engine, diesel/gas engines, test cell operations or data collection systems.
· Ability to operate PC or PDP11 controlled equipment.
· Proven ability to work successfully with computers, including Microsoft Suite experience.
· Ability to successfully communicate and interact with other team members, customers, and management.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of ATS.
· High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
· Associates degree with a Technical focus and 3 years of related experience in general industry; or 5 years of related experience in general industry.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
ATS se compromete a brindar igualdad de oportunidades de empleo en todos los aspectos del empleo a todos los solicitantes y empleados, independientemente de su edad, color, raza, religión, sexo (incluido el embarazo, identidad de género y orientación sexual), origen nacional, discapacidad, estatus de veterano, información genética u otro estatus legalmente protegido. Revisión de la política de privacidad aquí here.