Be the first to know about our job openings.
We don't work without you
Instrumentation Test Technician I (Day Shift)Req # 4286315006 Department Test Technician Address Mossville, Illinois, United States Date posted 10/02/2023 Apply Now
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better.
Fundada en 1985, ATS es una empresa con presencia en los Estados Unidos, México y el Reino Unido. Somos profesionales en mantenimiento industrial y hacemos que las fábricas funcionen mejor.
· Coordinates and participates in installing instrumentation to be used to test fixtures, connecting QD valves, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments
· Participates in installations and hardware changes
· Sets up the instrumented machine to the proper operating conditions to collect corresponding data and tears down instrumentation after use
· Confers with engineering personnel to resolve fabrication problems relating to test specifications and to review test plans, such as types of instrumentation and proper setup of tests and conditions under which tests are to be conducted
· Examines instruments for ISO 17025 conformance, using proper 17025 methods; may recommend replacement of defective parts where needed
· Activates controls to isolate electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power and subject machines to successive steps in test setup
· Utilizes a basic understanding of controls and instrumentation for test setup
· Under general supervision, provides basic data analysis to ensure quality and uncover trends
· Collaborates with engineers, higher level Techs and the Scheduler regarding data analysis and conclusions
· Participates in Continuous Improvement activities--processes, results, and cost savings
· Receives regular mentoring from higher level technicians; provides basic mentoring to lower level technicians
· Completes technical self-study programs for career development
· Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines
· Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors Required:
· Basic mechanical, electrical, and soldering knowledge with basic knowledge of gas/diesel engine components, machine operations, or data collection systems
· Working knowledge of usage and applications for pressure TDs, accels, yo-yos, TCs, loadlinks, 5B boxes, and frequency based TDs such as phototachs and mag pickups
· Effectively route cabling to match machine geometry, install proper pigtails, and fabricate bracket mounting
· Knowledge of basic strain gage concepts; effectively fabricate, install, and verify proper function for strain gage instruments
· Basic knowledge and ability to properly mount and or install sliprings, EDAQs, cabling, and machine power
· Proven ability to work successfully with a PC and EDAQ, including Microsoft Suite experience
· Ability to successfully communicate and interact with other team members, customers, and management
· Ability to operate most of the customer’s machinery
· Associates degree with a Technical focus or 18 months of related experience in general industry
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
ATS se compromete a brindar igualdad de oportunidades de empleo en todos los aspectos del empleo a todos los solicitantes y empleados, independientemente de su edad, color, raza, religión, sexo (incluido el embarazo, identidad de género y orientación sexual), origen nacional, discapacidad, estatus de veterano, información genética u otro estatus legalmente protegido. Revisión de la política de privacidad aquí here.