Be the first to know about our job openings.
We don't work without you
Test Technician I (2nd Shift)Req # 4267219006 Department Test Technician Address Mossville, Illinois, United States Date posted 09/01/2023 Apply Now
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better.
Fundada en 1985, ATS es una empresa con presencia en los Estados Unidos, México y el Reino Unido. Somos profesionales en mantenimiento industrial y hacemos que las fábricas funcionen mejor.
· Coordinates and participates in installing unit or system to be tested in test fixtures, connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments.
· Participates in installations and hardware changes.
· Sets up the tested product to the proper operating conditions, collects corresponding data and tears down equipment.
· Confers with engineering personnel to resolve fabrication problems relating to specifications and to review test plans, such as types and cycles of tests, conditions under which tests are to be conducted, and duration of tests.
· Examines parts for conformance, using precision measuring instruments; may recommend replacement of defective parts where needed.
· Activates controls to apply electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power and subject test item to successive steps in test cycle.
· Monitors controls and instruments and records test data for engineers.
· Utilizes a basic understanding of controls and instrumentation.
· Under general supervision, provides basic data analysis to ensure quality and uncover trends.
· Collaborates with engineers regarding data analysis and conclusions.
· Participates in Continuous Improvement activities--processes, results and cost savings.
· Receives regular mentoring from higher level technicians; provides basic mentoring to lower level technicians.
· Completes technical self-study programs for career development.
· Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines; situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
· Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors Required:
· Basic mechanical knowledge and/ or basic knowledge of internal combustion engine, diesel/gas engines, test cell operations or data collection systems.
· Ability to operate PC or PDP11 controlled equipment.
· Proven ability to work successfully with computers, including Microsoft Suite experience.
· Ability to successfully communicate and interact with other team members, customers, and management.
· High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
· Associates degree with a Technical focus or 18 months of related experience in general industry.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
ATS se compromete a brindar igualdad de oportunidades de empleo en todos los aspectos del empleo a todos los solicitantes y empleados, independientemente de su edad, color, raza, religión, sexo (incluido el embarazo, identidad de género y orientación sexual), origen nacional, discapacidad, estatus de veterano, información genética u otro estatus legalmente protegido. Revisión de la política de privacidad aquí here.